Lately I keep hearing people talk about or write about what to do during these lockdown times. A lot of people are not commuting and are possibly working from home, which leads to a fair amount of free time. Then when the work day ends you cannot really go out. I figured I would share some of the things that I have been doing to keep up busy and to keep up with web development. Here are some resources that I use to keep learning.
- Free Code Camp (https://www.freecodecamp.org/) which has a bunch of great lessons for free.
- Mozilla resources (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/) has lots of info to go through.
- I recently went through the 2019 Front End Handbook by Front End Masters (https://frontendmasters.com/books/front-end-handbook/2019/) and there were some good bits of info that I took away from it.
- If you want to learn more about VueJs, Laracasts was a helpful resource for me (https://laracasts.com/series/learn-vue-2-step-by-step/).
- Check out blogs for things you like to use. I have been reading all of the Craft CMS blogs (https://craftcms.com/blog) that I may have missed.
This is also a great time to keep up with hobbies. I have been practicing my guitar and golf putting indoors. I have also been playing my retro video games to pass the time. One day we will be able to return to our normal lives, but until then I am going to just keep plugging away.